Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Up close and personal


1. Upclose and Personal was our theme. How did you develop your ideas for this project and why did you choose your subject?

- I developed ideas for this project by creating a list of ideas that I thought appealed to the subject as well as things I wanted to create. I chose the subject of watermelon because I love the colors and I think it's a really beautiful fruit to draw.

2. How did you demonstrate Emphasis in your work?

- I demonstrated emphasis by using chalk pastels to create yellow and white stripes in the background of the picture. This made the whole picture pop and made the watermelon really stand out.

3. What medium did you decide to use and why did you choose this medium over the others? Discuss how it enhances your piece.

- I used chalk pastels, and I chose this medium because I love the way it blends and creates texture. It enhances my piece because I was able to blend and create different shades of pink and red to create the color of the watermelon.

We encourage risk taking in art. Risk taking can be as simple as trying a new technique or learning about a new medium to as complex as trying something totally new.

4.. Did you take any risks with this project? Explain.

- I think I took a risk when creating the background. It could either overshadow the watermelon or make it pop, but in the end it brought out all the colors beautifully.

5. Of the 5 characteristics of great art (technique, concept, emotion, new, medium) which did you include in your art?

- medium. My medium was chalk pastels and I like the way I was able to blend everything together to create my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment